Monday, November 30, 2009

Hexalen®, "Hair Chronicles on Canvas" & Art Reception, #14




Hair Chronicles on Canvas was first posted on this blog September 11, 2009. While it was not framed at that time, the progression and significance of the images was detailed. Please go back to the 9/11/09 blog entry.

This photograph includes the container of 84 Hexalen® chemotherapy pills that I will begin taking shortly. My oncologist said I will not lose my hair with this medication. But who knows, if I need to go on to another drug after this one, will my hair drop out? That's what the bottom right image on Hair Chronicles on Canvas refers to--What's in my hair's future?

And now a quick note from Robbie Gluckson, Executive Director of Premiere Oncology Foundation:

We do hope you will all join us this Wednesday, December 2nd for the Cancer & Creativity Opening Art Exhibit Reception from 4 to 6 pm, here at the Premiere Oncology Foundation. We encourage you to bring friends and family to the event, as we celebrate the artistic creations from our Cancer & Creativity workshop participants.

Many thanks to Dr. Esther Dreifuss-Katten, Corinne Lightweaver, Rachael Buchwald, Zizi Raymond and all of the Cancer & Creativity workshop participants for their incredible efforts.


2020 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 600, Santa Monica, CA Phone: 310-570-1474, Robbie

2 comments:

  1. Re Hair loss: All I can say is that when I'm really not feeling well, it's actually one little burden lifted to be freed of the responsibilities of having hair to care for. Odd, perhaps, but true for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...And you HAD really long and beautiful hair...

    ReplyDelete