Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hexalen® and the Ferris wheel, #5


While on my walk on the Santa Monica Pier, it seemed I could almost hear a conversation with the Ferris wheel and the Hexalen® chemotherapy pills.

If you are new to this blog, Hexalen® will be my next chemotherapy drug. Unlike the three previous cancer-killing drugs which were given intravenously, I will be taking six capsules throughout the day. Possible side effects: nausea.

Okay, back to what sounded like a conversation between the Ferris wheel and the Hexalen®:

"Hi, What's up?" Ferris Wheel asked.

"Aren't you funny! Ferris Wheel, You are up! You are up there in the sky!" Hexalen® said in a somewhat impatient way.

"Guess what? I think we have something in common."

"What do you mean? In my plastic container there are 84 capsules." Hexalen® called out.
"Do you have 84 seats up there?"

"No, actually, I take more than 84 passengers. Good guess! But, what we have in common is that we can both make people sick to their stomach!"

"Oh YES, Ferris Wheel! You are right. My cute, little white capsules, can make people...you know...kinda...like...they want to...you know....barf.
I wish we could have something different in common."

"You are right. I'll think about it and you think about it too," And Hexalen® nodded good bye to Ferris Wheel.

"Bye bye, come back soon Hexalen®. Bye"

1 comment:

  1. Mr Ferris Wheel to Hexalen:
    "What we have in common is that we can both make people sick to their stomach!" exclaims Ferris Wheel.

    Hexalen to Ferris Wheel:
    "I wish we could have something different in common."

    In a quiet moment of humble reflection, Mr. Ferris Wheel remarks, "We can both bring the uplifting joy of hope."

    ReplyDelete