Sunday, January 31, 2010
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Friday, January 29, 2010
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Monday, January 25, 2010
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Friday, January 22, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Monday, January 18, 2010
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Friday, January 15, 2010
Thursday, January 14, 2010
“Don’t Suffer in Silence”
Around two in the morning I realized I was thinking about the pain in my right hamstring muscles, and having a chat with my radiologist. I wanted him to see the damaged muscles and really find out if the 30 radiation treatments of a year ago, that burned 5/6 of my upper thigh, were really necessary.
Then I heard another voice say, “But remember, years ago limbs were amputated as a result of Sarcoma tumors.”
Then I asked myself, how could I creatively explore the scope of this early morning wake-up call:
1. I can make another collage with photographs of legs and acrylic paint accents, as I did with “Leg Pain,” now hanging at Premiere Oncology +.
2. I can make a felt-based piece of art, similar to “The Highs and Lows of Leg Pain,” * also hanging in a Santa Monica art exhibition #.
3. WOW! I could make “Trilogy of Leg Pain,” similar to “Hair Chronicles on Canvas” ^.
4. I could also write a conversation between my legs, like I did with my two different chemotherapy drugs at the Ferris wheel in Santa Monica++. I could put it on my blog.
“Oh my, the pain in my leg is gone,” I heard myself say around 2:30 am.
In reality, this early morning writing was like going to group therapy where I allow my voice to be expressed and acknowledged.
A reminder - do not suffer in silence.
+ see Nov. 30, 2009 blog post
* see Sept. 19, 2009 blog post
# see Nov 30, 2009 on blog post
^ see Sept. 11, 2009 blog post
++ see Nov 24, 2009 blog post
This blog entry was developed and read during "Writers Workshop" at The Wellness Community, Santa Monica, CA.