Monday, November 30, 2009

Hexalen® and Art Exhibit Opening Reception , #13



For over a year I have been attending a weekly art therapy program for cancer survivors.

Art therapy class is helping me explore feelings of fear and comfort, my past and future, as well as a tool to talk about something other than cancer.

I’m an Artist!


The Premiere Oncology Foundation (Santa Monica) and Beckstrand Cancer Foundation (Newport Beach) have made these opportunities available. Teacher of "Cancer and Creativity" class and curator of art exhibit is Esther Dreifuss-Kattan, PhD, ATR.

Opening Reception, December 2, 2009 from 4 - 6 pm OPEN TO ALL

2020 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 600, Santa Monica, CA

Exhibition closes January 31, 2010


Docent: Robbie Gluckson, 310-570-1474

Must call for limited viewing times

www.premiereoncology.org


"Mandala: My Siblings"

21 1/2 x 18 1/2 inches

mixed media

My recent genealogy research helped to strengthen the love, value, influence, and support from my living sister and four brothers.

The inner white circle with glitter represents Janice, our sister who lived only two days. The next five circles surrounding Janice Marie, signify my siblings’ creativity, musical talents, environmental passions, dedication to education, and love of food.

My sisters and brothers, and their families, bring me strength and inspiration as I bask in the golden circle of love.



2 comments: