Friday, September 25, 2009

WOW! CA-125 is down, down, down!


The CA-125 blood test we are following is DOWN to 170.

Right, one hundred and seventy!

Remember, in mid-July the CA-125 was 6700, and it has been decreasing ever since with Chemo #3, aka, Doxil®.

For more details go to earlier blogs:

9/24: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow

9/6 : The Weight of the Wait

8/10: The new Chemo 'Joy Juice' is working!

7/24: A week since the hospital & Chemo #3

The plan is to continue with Chemo #3 and get the CA-125 lower, where it should be. I'll be happy with 5.

Note on photograph: The bag is almost empty. I have been given the full bag of the chemotherapy drug through an IV drip. There is no pain in the process, especially because my ChemoBuddies and I are having an enjoyable time chatting.

P.S., Did I tell you that while I was in the hospital (mid-July) and receiving my first chemotherapy treatment of Doxil® (Chemo #3) , there was no ChemoBuddy in the room. So I called my brother-in-law, Mike, and he accepted my offer to be my Phone ChemoBuddy.

Mike loved the title of being my ChemoBuddy. We must have talked for nearly an hour! (Perfect, because the first time I was given the drug it was given at a much slower speed, just in case I might have had a reaction.)

Well, here we are a few months later, and Mike has renamed himself to--ChemoMANNNN!

3 comments:

  1. Did they once say, "Life is a numbers game?" Thanks Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about the numbers coming down so dramatically!!!! I'll ditto Sharon's "Yipee!!"
    Susan L

    ReplyDelete